The puppies. . .

So, I avoided writing about this a little bit because it was sad.  But now, we are about to be rid of these ridiculously cute little things and I figured I'd better take some pictures and post them so we don't forget!!!

 So, without divulging all of the disgusting details of a doggie-birth, let me just say that Riley had 6 puppies on Valentines Day, but that 4 of them were stillborn.  Well, in the long story, one of them was not born until the next day, but anyways. . .we've had these two little mongrels with us for the last 7 1/2 weeks and we're gonna miss them when they are gone!!  Only having 2 puppies makes you bond with them more than when you are dealing with a whole litter.

Good Momma
  This is Grizz.  The boys originally named him Bolt, but Jared was considering keeping him for a while, so he chose a name that we could actually live with, just in case the little bugger stayed around!   He's got a lot of energy, and you can tell he is very smart and will be a great dog.


This is Pretty.  You heard me.  Her name is Pretty.  Before they were even born, we were talking about puppy names with the kids, and they decided that a good name for a girl would be Pretty.  And since she was the only girl we got, that was her name!!  Ha!  And yes, she's got a flipper paw.  She doesn't let it hold her back though!  She hobbles along on those 3 legs like a champ, and she beats her brother more often than not when they are wrestling!  She is such a little lover, always cuddling and giving puppy breath kisses.  She is going to steal the hearts of the family who takes her (we've already got a home for her. . .they should be picking her up tomorrow morning.)



Cohen wanted to make sure we took his picture with the puppies so he doesn't forget them.  They both love the puppies a lot and have spent a lot of time playing with them and loving them.


1 Comment:

  1. Lauren and Justin said...
    I'm already in love with "Pretty!" I wish I could take her away with me! I love chocolate labs! I also love the sweet McQueen gloves Evan is wearing! I think he might just get right along with Ryan. :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home