Well, on this particular day, it cost me $23.  

So, one day, a week or so ago, I was enjoying some sanity by 'listening' to the boys take a bath.  By this I mean that I was sick of them, so I put them in the bath because they'll stay in there for a long time and play.  I was out at the computer listening to make sure I could hear both of them, that nobody was drowning, right?  Anyhow,  I soon find myself in one of these motherly moments thinking, 'I haven't heard much noise for a while.'  Listen, listen, listen.  I can hear Cohen laughing, but not Evan, I'm not worried, but I figure I'd better go check, right?  
And this is what I find. . .


Books!!!  THREE books!!!!  Two of them are Library Books!!!!  The books were in the bathroom  because we read them every day while Cohen sits and tries to go #2.  In fact, two of them were potty training books!!!  "The Potty Train" and "The Prince and the Potty."  They are now in the bath, soaked, shredded, and strewn about the place!!!  They discovered that wet paper sticks to bathtub walls and so they had thrown it WAY higher than they could have reached!! 

Needless to say, we weren't able to return those 2 books to the library on time.  Ha!  Can you see how thick the bottom of the tub is with printed paper?!!!

Luckily, they had been in circulation long enough that I only had to pay 1/2 of what they were worth. . .oh PLUS $4 each for processing or something.  So, $23 later, we were the proud owners of books that had already left our home, and our dumpster never to be heard from again.  

4 Comments:

  1. The Wiser Side said...
    I love how disgusting the water is!!
    Marla B said...
    HA! LOVE IT! boys are great! hope the computer time was good! oh i could say more, but it would be funner to tease you in person! :) beware! hehe
    Emily said...
    That. Is. Awesome! It's amazing how much trouble they can get in with "harmless" stuff.
    Britt said...
    now THAT is funny. :) i'm scared to have boys!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home