The Lovely Bountiful Police



So last week me and the boys were running some errands. I was on the phone when we pulled into the Smiths parking lot, so I just turned off the car and finished my phone call. When I was done, I just got out of the car, got the boys out and locked the doors. Now, I have a keyless remote. . .but it's broken. Not just a dead battery here folks, it's really broken. So I'm in the habit of opening the front door and manually locking the doors. Ancient, I know. . .but it's my life. So, I go about my business, shopping blah blah blah and then as we're back out at the car I begin searching for my keys. . .DUH!!! I left them in the ignition when I turned the car off, and now, YEP, they're locked in the car. Brilliant. AND it's raining. . .AND it's naptime. So I head back into Smiths to see if they have anybody that can help me, and luckily the Bountiful Police Department still will come and help you unlock your door for free. So we wait inside the doors for 20 minutes for the cop to show up. He eventually does show up, thank goodness. . .we're minutes away, right. Wrong. At least it's stopped raining. We go out to the car and the Slim Jim the cop has is too short? What? He jimmys and jimmys and jimmys that Slim Jim and nothing happens. He starts telling me that he doesn't have a great 'Slim Jim Kit' and that other cops have better ones, and so he's going to call one of them. My keys are locked in the car, and the cop has to call for BACKUP!!! True story folks. In the meantime, Cohen is just running around our car jumping in all the puddles. Why not? As you know, he is the ultimate copycat, and after a few minutes of watching the cop shove that Slim Jim down the crack of the door he discovers a popsicle stick on the ground and starts putting into all of the cracks in the car, between the doors and windows and stuff. It was really funny. So anyhow, the backup cop finally gets there, and he has the job down in like 10 seconds flat. What an adventure huh?! I'm just glad we were in Bountiful and not somewhere else where we would have had to call a locksmith and pay $50 or something ridiculous.

Evan is starting to develop this sorta cute, sometimes annoying eating habit. He eats just fine for a minute or so, and then he wants to hold the spoon, and try to scoop his own food. Now, I really do want him to learn to feed himself, but when he actually happens to get a scoopful, and then spreads it ALL over his face in about .01 seconds, it makes a big ol' mess. I try to get the bowl empty and then let him scoop away. I've also resorted to using 2 spoons, one for me and one for him. If I'm not in a hurry, it's cute. If I'm in a hurry. . .annoying!!!

I tried to take a picture of Cohen and Evan's thighs together so you can see just how fat Evan's are. The picture's not that great but you get the idea.


I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!! It makes me laugh every time I see it.

1 Comment:

  1. Jenny Donna said...
    I'm so mad that my name was never mentioned, as I play an intigral part in this story. The party on the other end of the phone call.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home