So, Cohen has this little quirk that I love most of the time, but not all of the time. He really likes to be clean. I love this when he wants me to wash his hands or his face, or wipe his runny nose or something like that. He doesn't like to be 'messy' as he calls it. What a good habit to have, right?! I hate it when he spills a drop or two of water on his shirt and then cannot survive if you don't take it off because it is now 'messy.' I especially hate it when this happens at the store or somewhere where we don't have immediate access to a clean shirt, because he will kick and scream and yell until you take it off, and then have to make him wear just his coat for the rest of the errands you are on. Picture it. Lovely. So a few weeks ago, I hadn't put a bib on Evan for lunch and so his shirt needed to be changed because we were eating oatmeal, and not something that brushes off really easy like Ramen Noodles. Anyhow, I take Evans shirt off, and Cohen begins insisting that he needs his shirt off too. I tell him that his shirt is still clean and that it doesn't need to be changed. "No, iss messy mom!" "Where?" "Righ here?" and he points to a perfectly clean spot. "Nope, its clean." He tries again, pointing to another spot, "Righ here?" "No Cohen, you don't need to have your shirt changed, it's clean!" He points to one more spot, which is also clean, which I also turn him down for. He then looks at me, looks back down at his shirt and spits a big ol' spit-wad onto his shirt!!! What?!! At least he's a problem solver, right?! I should have made him wear it, but it made me laugh so hard that I just gave in and took it off. "Yep, now it is messy Cohen. You are right!!!" So funny.


A few days ago Cohen was playing with my cell phone. He likes to watch the numbers come up on the screen as he pushes the buttons. I was bringing in groceries or something, and all of a sudden I hear my phone ringing, and not the ringing sound it makes when you are receiving a call, the ringing sound it makes when you are making a call!! He had turned on the speaker, thank goodness, and I don't know who in tarnation he's calling!!! So I run down the stairs to where he is and of course he's got the phone in his grubby little paws and doesn't want me to have it. He can sense my frantic state. I'm trying to grab it from him and he tells me, "No! I'm calling daddy!!" And lo and behold, who answers on the other end? Jared!! No kidding!! I was so relieved to hear his voice say "Hello" that I just started laughing! I had made 4 or 5 calls since the last time I had called Jared, so it's not like he just pressed Send Send or something. I don't know how he did it, but he did!! I know we are saying that kids are familiar with technology younger and younger nowadays, but this is a little rediculous!!!

I think Cohen's favorite phrase lately is, "I want do meeself!!!!" I grew up hearing stories about how my phrase like that was "Myself-a-do-it!!" So I actually find this endearing because even though I'm sure most 3 year olds have this independant spirit, it makes me think 'Ohhh!! He gets that from me!'

Jared had to work for a few hours on Valentines Day, so the boys and I made an awesome snowman!!! It was perfect snow for packing and we had a great time.

Cohen thought it was awesome that we gave him a carrot nose!

Yes, I did make him pose for this picture.
So, yea. . .this is Cohen getting into my makeup. He even has it on his teeth!!!

Cohen was blowdrying his own hair, and gave himself this sweet hairdo!



1 Comment:

  1. The Wiser Side said...
    gotta have a makeup shot!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home